The blog posts you’ve been reading a few times per week are located on the main Hermit Haus Redevelopment website, where there is information on all our projects, as well as brief introductions for people who want to work with us as contractors, a link to our sites for sellers, and, pertinent today, some information for potential investors.
We have been working for some time to create an easy way to share our more detailed information for investors, since it answers a lot of questions people have about who we are and why we are worth giving your money to.
We are using a service, called Realeflow, which can automate a lot of different marketing efforts. There are templates for different kinds of pages, which help you get started. It’s also somewhat mysterious and very hard to customize. I managed to get a lot of that customization done this week, so I thought I would share it with you. Here’s what I did:
- Changed the colors from the default glaring blues.
- Removed the really jumpy and intense video all about selling your house to us. Because, um, this site isn’t about that.
- Created a new video to show on the site instead. I did it mainly to show fellow investors that it doesn’t take a lot of time or money to make a video for your business. How did that work? I:
- Quickly recorded the video on my iPhone.
- Put the opening credits on using iMovie (not fancy, but it did the job).
- Uploaded the video to our company’s previously unused YouTube page.
- Finally found where they hid the YouTube embedding code.
- Stuck the code on the page, by clicking the “change video” button. Voila, a video. It took me less than ten minutes.
- Next I poked all over the Realeflow website until I finally found the spot where you change the deliverable that shows up when people fill out the form. From there I could upload our booklet, so that the default “how to sell your house” booklet no longer gets sent. That just took PATIENCE.
- I edited the series of email messages that go out to people who get the PDF (don’t worry; it will probably go straight to your junk mail, and of course there is an unsubscribe link!).
Am I finished? No. Is any website finished? No (I should know, since I spent many years making websites, starting from before there were graphics on the Baby Internet). So what’s next?
- We need to update the PDF to contain some of our more recent projects and more testimonials from people we’ve worked with.
- Somehow I need to dig through the help files or get the user support people to answer my question about how to find, then remove or change the second form that pops up after the first one. It’s all about selling us your house. Again, that’s not the purpose of this site, but it was in the template.
Working with templates can save lots of time and money, and if you are already a Realeflow subscriber, I would encourage you to make use of the websites they offer. Just be prepared to tweak. I dawdled way too long on the tweaking, so we didn’t get this one launched until now. With my new mantra of “real is better than perfect,” I’ve decided to set this one free and keep improving it. Wanna see? Click the site name below!
And if, by some chance, you have some money that you would like to invest and get a high rate of return, read our material, then let us know! 512-807-8777, as always.