We are moving along on our various projects right now, or at least we’re trying to. Those of us who work at the Cameron office (Lee and Mandi) discovered that it’s really hard to work when there’s no power. It gets HOT!
Yes, they came in to work on Monday, and while some of the office lights and outlets worked, many of them did not. A call to our friends at the power company produced some folks who looked things over. We had been guessing we’d done something to cause the problem, or it was a circuit breaker or something. What a surprise it was to discover that the underground utility line had failed! Recent storms must have done something bad.
There will have to be some digging and replacing going on. In the meantime, an odd little contraption that looks like a moving dolly is sitting next to the house and providing power.
We hope to provide action shots of the repairs whenever they happen.
What Else Is New?
There’s lots going on that we need to wait a while before fully updating you on. But here are some tidbits:
- We have had two offers on the Meadow Arbor 1 house. We’re in negotiations, so we’ll have to let you know the final outcome when it’s all said and done. But it’s exciting!
- We’re working on the financing to renovate the next two projects. Our decisions aren’t made yet, so we are patiently waiting to be able to tell you more.
- Lee has been driving all over the place looking at more properties to acquire. He did not make an offer on some duplexes in Copperas Cove, but he was impressed with how that town had grown–look for a blog post on that soon.
- And Lee has been working with our friends at Andress +3 to help a house avoid foreclosure. We think that’s all good–it’s another blog post he owes us!
- We made a Facebook page for Hermits’ Rest Enterprises, for those of you who want to follow more closely the work we are doing in Cameron. We would appreciate your “likes.”
Keep checking our regular Hermit Haus Redevelopment Facebook page or Twitter feed, or even easier, use the form on the right of our blog pages to sign up for email updates. Then you’ll never miss us!Hermann says please like and share!