At last, as of December 2019, we finally own this beautiful old house that is right behind our church conversion property. Our Hermits’ Rest Enterprises group put it under contract in late November 2018. We hope to share stories of its recent and distant past now that it’s officially ours.
One thing’s for sure. Everyone who sees the Pope Residence (formerly called the Gillis House) loves it. It’s easy to imagine bringing this place back to its former glory. We will be sure to bring you along as that happens.
So far we’ve:
- Met with the current owner and negotiated a price that made her life easier. We are glad to help these good folks out, and hope to continue to work with them in the future.
- Enjoyed great tours and conversation with the owner’s daughter and grandkids.
- Brought in our architectural consultant, Ken, to get ideas for careful renovations to bring the house up to code and livable again.
- Toured the space with our hospitality industry consultant, Jonathan, for ideas for converting the house to another use in the future. He also gave us leads on some materials we could recycle!
- Cleaned out the house and put in a Christmas tree.
- Toured the house with our contractor, Cody.
Our current plan is to convert the house into offices for Hearts Homes and Hands, our personal assistance service. We will remove the out-of-code staircase, so the second floor can become an apartment or corporate offices once HHH expands. We are really excited to be working on this house, and proud to have helped a family along the way.
Hermann says please like and share!