There were some nagging items on the punch list for the Bobcat Lair house that still needed to be completed, and a new issue that came up, so we decided to have someone new come in to work on them. We decided a small project would be a good way to see if this team would make a good addition to our contractor list.
What We Needed
Only two of the things I needed done were substantial, because Anita and I had done a lot of the previously remaining items ourselves. The most important thing I wanted fixed were the big holes I’d recently discovered beneath the interesting bathroom windows. I kept hearing squirrels up there, then a family of wrens showed up (they left just before the hurricane). The wood had deteriorated so badly that you could see into the bathroom if you looked up under the window. Not good.
The other big thing was that the cute little suitcase closet at the bottom of the stairs never got a door. I had covered the suitcases in a sheet and put a lovely picture of a wart hog from when I was in junior high school up, but, well, that’s just not a permanent solution.
The New Guy said nice things about the house, which made us feel good, and gave a reasonable bid to complete the tasks. So last week he and his helper got to work. I don’t know which feature of these guys I liked better, the fact that they are always on time or the fact that they completely clean up every day. These things should be on that contractor qualifications list I just posted about!