April 18th, 2017 was my first official day on the job here with the Hermits. I had no idea that I would meet a sad house named “The Rattlesnake Annex” in the next couple of months and fall head over heels with the possibilities. I knew she needed a lot of work. I didn’t know just how much, or how in depth it would become. Maybe it’s a good thing that I didn’t know then what I know now. I saw her bare bones, and let my imaginationrun with what could be. That is probably the best way I could have ever started.
The plumbing and electricity had been replaced, new septic tank had been dropped, the place had been cleaned up, walls torn down, new stairs installed and a barn was pushed down that seemed to help quell the rattlesnake problems that were there at first. I looked at it as needing sheet rock, paint, floor covering, cabinets, fixtures, etc. For that house, that would have been a prime example of “lipstick on the pig.” Rattlesnake has needed much more help to make her structurally sound again, and ready for a family to love her. The new plumbing has mostly been redone, the new electricity has been mostly redone, many mistakes that were made and covered up before and after Lee and Sue Ann bought it have been repaired and done correctly.Hermann says please like and share!