I came across a great quote attributed to Thomas Edison. “Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.” It got me thinking about all the opportunities we provide and the kinds of work they require to see to fruition.
Opportunities in this business do require work—some more than others.
But there’s more than one kind of work. Here, in no particular order, are a few of the opportunities we provide to help everyone achieve a better life.
- Real Estate Problems
- Sometimes a house is just a burden for the owners. They can’t afford the payments. They need to move quickly for a job opportunity. Deferred maintenance has built up to the point where they can’t deal with it. They inherited the house, but they live in another county or another state and just can’t take the time to deal with it.
- The reasons why people need to sell a house or endless. We can help them by buying the house and closing on their schedule.
- Have I mentioned that many of the houses we buy and renovate are eyesores? Our process improves the whole neighborhood by cleaning up rundown houses, picking up garbage, or just freshening the paint and landscaping.
- Market Research and Development
- It takes a lot of time to find and secure a deal. Some of our associates learn a market by driving around and looking at houses (driving for dollars). They then sell us the list of prospects they compile.
- Others specialize in getting houses under contract. They then sell us the contract wholesale.
- And, of course, Realtors® help us buy and sell houses, earning a nice commission.
- Physical Labor
- Renovating a house requires a variety of skilled and unskilled labor. It provides work for electricians, plumbers, framers, landscapers, and cleaners.
- White Collar Work
- You don’t think about lawyers and accountants needing work, but they do. We have a full-time bookkeeper, a CPA who reviews our books and prepares our tax returns, and real estate lawyers who consult with us on every project. Then there is the clerical staff who work for each of these professions and at the title companies that close the purchase and sale transactions.
- We often have to buy houses faster than a bank or mortgage company can make a funding decision. When we don’t have the liquidity to close the project on our own, we rely on private lenders with whom we have an established relationship. We help them put their money to work earning a much higher return than they would earn from a bank. Of course, there’s more risk than with most banks, but we believe the reward is much greater than the risk.
- We also lend money on good projects when we run low on projects for ourselves.
You can see how every project we take on has the ability to help lots of people achieve a better life. We really do improve people’s lives by solving real estate problems.
If you’d like to talk to us about how we might be able to help you better your life with one of these opportunities, please drop us an email or call 512-807-8777.Hermann says please like and share!